Wednesday 17 December 2014

My heart is bleeding; let it bleed!

I am mother Pakistan, I sent my sons to school and they did not come back.
He was fourteen, he was fifteen; he was not even sixteen and they have all their lives in front of them. They are not late, they just not coming back.

Growing so quick, taller than Mama, taller than Sissy and taller than Papa; with a grin on his face, he looked at all. Father smiled and felt suddenly younger and stronger looking at a son now taller than him.

Not knowing his strength, his hugs grew stronger and made his sister cringe. He was so energetic but his heart was little and his brain was still growing. He was a child; he was still a baby, though his body was changing and he was getting moody at times.

His sister screamed when he held her tight, and the father sided with the daughter as fathers always do. He sulked and looked at the mother who just smiled reassuringly but decided to keep quiet.

“No one cares”, he was sullen and left for school without any breakfast. Mother touched his forehead and asked anxiously if he was okay; he lowered his gaze and just nodded. He moved to the door, and then turned suddenly to say, “love you, Mama” with a smile on his face. And a mother would breathe the words “Maan sadqay” in response.

My sons went to school and did not come back.

Father slouched with sorrow and his lips moving silently “surely we belong to Allah and him shall we return”. He was their strength and he is gone; sister collapsing to the floor and he is not there to stop her falling. Mother is going insane and difficult to restrain, she must not touch him; he is ready for his final journey.

My sons went to school and did not come back; I look at the sky and it is so dark. Where are the stars I would like to see?
I know that they are in a better place; no one can harm them there. It does not reassure me; the sky is so dark.

My heart is stone and is not beating, I am not living but I am still breathing.

My sons went to school and did not come back.

My heart is bleeding; let it bleed. The scar will burst open if it healed; let it bleed, just let it bleed.



No comments:

Post a Comment